Thursday, February 5, 2015

PHANTOM TRACES by Claire Gem

Give me two thumbs up, it's Thursday! Only one more day to go until the weekend. We'll ignore the fact that after I run Writing Club, I'll have to scramble to get ready for Open House. Let's just all pretend that my day will be easy peasy, okay? Lie to me, I'll forgive you. 

Thursday also means that it's time for me to introduce you to another talented author! 

Don't give me that look. You know you love adding fabulous new books to your TBR pile. And so do I, which is why I've invited fellow Soul Mate Publishing author Claire Gem here to reveal the cover of her new book, Phantom Traces

And here it is, in all its glory . . . 




Phantom Traces - Romance with A Ghostly Twist

A history professor in a tweed jacket, a cheeky Goth chick, and a pipe-smoking, book-hurling ghost. Put them all together in an antiquated library and, well…

Professor Jack Wood’s silver-streaked hair definitely ages him, and he can thank Killer Dawn for that. He won’t be falling into the love trap again anytime real soon. But this new librarian has him curious, with her head-to-toe black Goth garb, piercings, and a defiant attitude to match. Definitely not his type of girl, but still…

Abigail Stryker’s got her work cut out for her. The last two librarians didn’t last a month before airborne books chased them off. But Abby’s determined to make her new life a go – and to stay as far away from older men as possible. Once was enough. Might be tough to do when the library’s best patron is none other than dreamy-eyed Jack Wood. And it seems the eccentric ghost may have taken a shine to her as well.

The cover is perfect for the storyline, and can I just say that I LOVE the concept for this book?! Talk about opposites attracting. I'm a total sucker for ghost stories. Combine that with a fun romance? I'm hooked. If you're as excited as I am to get your hands on this title, you'll just have to wait. Not in stores quite yet, Phantom Traces will hit Amazon February 19th.

In the meantime, let's check out Claire's brand spankin' new book trailer. 



Confession: I've watched it three times now and am in total awe. I'm good with tech, but not that good and I shied away from creating a book trailer for my debut. Now I kinda wish I'd at least made the attempt. The music and rapid-fire images of this trailer really sell the ghost theme. I have a feeling it will be a very effective marketing tool. 

It's time to meet the genius behind the plot. 

MEET THE AUTHOR


Claire Gem writes women’s fiction and contemporary romance, sometimes with a paranormal twist. A voracious reader, she’s an avid fan of strong but sensitive heroes, spunky, sexy heroines, and a ghost story worth at least a few goose bumps.

Claire’s vision is to transport her readers into another place and time, maybe spooking them along the way. She loves creating characters so real, readers miss them when the book is closed.

After achieving her MFA in Creative Writing from Lesley University, Claire settled in central Massachusetts with her husband of 36 years (yes, happily-ever-after really does happen). Always fascinated by the paranormal, she holds a Certificate in Paranormal Studies from Duke University’s Rhine’s Research Center.

By day, she works for Tufts University. Every other waking hour (even those when she should be sleeping) she spends exercising the creative side of her brain by flexing those ten digits glued to her keyboard. Chased by those pesky ghosts, Claire writes for her life.

You can find Claire here:

Website: www.clairegem.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/gemwriter
Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1BhmfCj
Goodreads: http://bit.ly/17zCJwY

She loves to hear from fans, so drop her a line.


Thank you so much, Claire, for joining me today. Your book sounds A. MAZ. ING. I can't wait to add this to my TBR pile. I hope you'll come back again soon. Good luck! 

What's on the docket for me next week?

Well, let's see. My 5th grade team has a training on Tuesday, which means we'll be leaving all 120 or so 10 years olds in the dubious hands of four unsuspecting substitute teachers. And next Friday, we'll be corralling said 5th graders into busses and taking them to participate in a reenactment of a Revolutionary War battle. Pray for me. I may not survive the week.

Oh wait, you mean what's going on on my blog?

Fine, be that way. On Tuesday's Romance Weekly Blog Hop, we'll be taking a long hard (and brutally honest) look at our work and chatting about our strengths and weaknesses as writers. Next Thursday, Katie O'Boyle will be hanging out with me to talk about her new release.

Should be an exciting week. And don't forget to connect with me on Facebook to see if I (or my sub) survive my hectic week at school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment