Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Character Interview


I'm finally back. Whew! The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity, but today I'm back where I belong on the Romance Weekly Blog Hop. If you found me by way of Fiona Riplee's website http://fionariplee.com/blog, welcome! 

To refresh your memory (and mine!), Romance Writer's Weekly is a motley crew of romance writers. Each week, RWW puts together a blog hop where we chat about pretty much everything under the sun. Writing, books, romance, love, sex, recipes, nothing is taboo with us. Once you've finished reading my blog, you can follow the link at the bottom and hop on over to the next writer's blog and so on. See? Totally fun, right? 

This week, Xio Axelrod challenged us to interview one of our characters and gave us five questions to answer. Since I'm still totally obsessed with the hero from Assassin P.I., my current work in progress, I decided to interview Jack Gaines, former cop-turned vigilante assassin. 

1. What's your favorite word?
Justice. The world needs more of it. If Ellington Bay P.D. can't do their job, I'll just have to do it for them. 

2. What is your fondest childhood memory?
When I was a child, my father and I would spend a couple weeks in a cabin in the woods each year. We'd go fishing and he'd teach me how to hunt. He's the one who taught me how to shoot a gun, taught me right from wrong. He was the one who inspired me to become a cop, just like he was. But it was a simpler time back then. Now he's dead, and I'm left to finish what he started. 

3. What one thing in your past do you wish you could do differently?
Everything! But if I could only do one thing differently, I would take back all the hurt and pain I caused Angie. I should have never walked away from her. Now, it might be too late to get her back.

4. Vanilla or Chocolate?
Vanilla. It's one of those simple pleasures in life. Uncomplicated. 

5. If you could have lunch with one famous person (alive or not) who would it be and why?
Sam Spade. Fictional or not, that man knew how to solve a crime.  


Next up on the blog hop? Carrie Elks http://carrieelks.com/blog/! Hop on over and show her some love. See y'all next week! 

3 comments:

  1. Loved his answers! Jack is so intense and awesome here, would love to read his story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very intense guy. Awesome answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crazy curious why a cop turns into a vigilante assassin. Write faster.

    ReplyDelete