Monday, May 26, 2014

Finally a Finalist

So awhile back I entered Redemption For Liars into a contest held by the First Coast Romance Writers chapter of RWA.


Part of marketing and promoting your book, includes getting reviews and entering contests. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much. I'd already entered one contest this year with disappointing results. But I figured, what the heck, I'd give it one last shot. All I had to lose was a whopping $25. I'd made at least that much on my first royalty check!

I sent in my money, emailed my book, and then added an event to my calendar to remind me when finalists were to be contacted. If I hadn't heard by the end of the appointed weekend, I knew I wasn't in the running and I could move on with my life.

When the phone rang last Wednesday I almost didn't answer it. Who in the world would be calling me from Florida? My sister's friend, Lori, and her family moved there last summer, but she wouldn't call me up out of the  blue unless there was a problem. Fearing the worst, I answered the phone.

And got a welcome surprise.

I'M A FINALIST! 

Not only did Redemption For Liars final in the Romantic Suspense category, but also in the the Best First Book category! That means . . .

I'M A DOUBLE FINALIST!  

It's an honor I share with fellow Soul Mate, Kathy Bryson, author of the paranormal novel, Feeling Lucky. You can check out her book by clicking on the image below or clicking on the following link: http://amzn.com/B00DH6HQ9M

Now our books will be turned over to either a bookseller or librarian who will determine our fate. Winners won't be announced until mid-July. So I'm back to playing the waiting game. 

Good luck, Kathy! May the odds be ever in our favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment