Thursday, July 3, 2014

2014 Summertime TBR Pile


Everyone, or at least everyone who's a reader (which is pretty much everyone I know), has a To-Be-Read pile. My pile just happens to be a bit higher than most. You see, I have a confession to make. I am totally addicted to purchasing books. Amazon just makes it so darn easy to feed my addiction. All I have to do is click one simple button and voila! - new books magically appear on my Kindle app for my iPad.

My kids are just as bad. They beg me to take them to our local Barnes & Noble bookstore. Hours later we reemerge, arms laden with $50 or more in book purchases. I look at my obsession this way . . . It's a tax write off! As a teacher, I can write off any children's book purchases I make as job expenses. After my kids read them, they usually find their way into my classroom library. And as a writer, I can write off all this books about publishing and the writing craft. So, in reality, it's a decent habit to have. Right? At least that's how I explain it to my husband. 


Here's what's currently on my TBR list.
ON MY E-READER:
Once Upon a Christmas Wish by Samantha Jillian Bayarr
Pistols and Petticoats (A Historical Western Romance Anthology) by Barabara Ankrum, Adrienne deWolfe, and Sharon Ihle
Hired For Christmas (The Naughty North Pole Novels) by Genevieve Scholl
Love Game: The Matchmaker Series by Elise Sax
The S.E.R.A. Files by C.T. Green
Elvis is a Keeper by Shauna Allen
Twice a Target (Task Force Eagle) by Susan Vaughan
A Man of His Word by Sarah M. Anderson
A Man to Trust by Cheryl Yeko (who just happens to be my Soul Mate Pub. editor)
In Bed With the Opposition by Stephanie Draven
No Flowers Required (Love Required) by Cari Quinn
Learn to Love Me by Sinead MacDoughlas
Saltwater Lover by Shiloh Saddler

IN PRINT:
Fadeout by Rolynn Anderson
You Belong to Me by Mary Higgins Clark
Daddy's Gone A Hunting by Mary Higgins Clark
Race to the Alter by Judy Duarte
A Seal At Heart by Anne Elizabeth
It's In His Kiss by Julia Quinn
Courted by the Texas Millionaire by Crystal Green
Almost Home by Debbie Macomber, Cathy Lamb, Judy Duarte, and Mary Carter



So, which book do you suggest I read next? What's at the top of your TBR pile? I'd love to hear from you. Leave your TBR list and book suggestions in the comments. Help me feed my addiction! 

No comments:

Post a Comment